Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Squishy Vs. The Dreaded Plateau

So, 

Last week was not such a good week. It wasn't Terrible, but it wasn't good either. I mean, I didn't eat every single carb in the house, but I did kind of let an incident give me an excuse to take it easy. I fell down the stairs and landed on my butt. It hurt. Kinda a lot. Also, I broke a stair on my way down. Well, I don't know if my butt broke the stair when I fell, or if the stair broke causing me to fall on my butt. Either way, it was painful. 

I don't know if I've already mentioned this, and I'm too lazy to go back and fact check my own blog, but I've been using My Fitness Pal to keep track of what I'm eating. I've been tracking for 25 days now, and I have lost 20 pounds!! Super Excellent!! Go squishy, it's ya birfday... 

Any way, I digress. 

Last week. Last week I did well eating wise, I stayed under my calorie goal every day. What I didn't do was drink enough water, and I didn't exercise as much. Also, because I was sore, I didn't cook very much, opting for pizza (thin crust with veggies thank you very much) and other pre-made processed food. I kinda also stopped moving so much at work, because my butt hurt. And when I say my butt I mean my butt, hips, and lower back. Falling sucks. 

So, because I didn't move more, but ate less (just the wrong less), I didn't gain any weight back. I just stayed constant. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. At all. I'll take it. It's progress. But, I also didn't lose. 

See, I have this theory. New fat is easy to lose. It hasn't stuck around for very long so it hasn't had a chance to get all comfy and cozy. It's insecure fat that makes you reach for every carb in sight because it wants to get comfy and stick around. Preferably on your thighs and buttocks (and on your chin for some reason, at least for me). So, it's really easy when you start eating right and moving to get that insecure blubber to take a hike. 

Then you get to the fat that's been there a while. It's been with you when you were sad and ate that entire carton of mocha almond fudge ice cream. It's been there for you when you felt fabulous in your new dress and someone commented on the weird marks on the back of your knees so you ate an entire cake. It's comforted you when you were walking down the hallway being called Tubby Tubby Two by Four can't fit through the corridor and decided to go all cookie monster on a bag of potato chips. It hasn't asked for anything in return but delicious delicious carbs. It'll never judge you. It'll never walk out on you. It'll never call you names and give you looks. It's definitely a security blanket. THAT is the fat that's the hardest to lose. 

I'm at my first round of old fat. This fat got me through that terrible summer that I was working all the time because my coworker decided she'd rather play the victim than do her actual job. When I'm upset in any aspect of my life I have a tendency to eat my feelings. And boy did I. I know this is going to take some serious determination. That's the thing, the fat goes on soooo easy, and it's sooooooo hard to get rid of. 

So, that's what I think plateaus are. The old fat gathering it's forces for the fight to stay comfy. Those forces of course being cravings and muscle cramps. I'm going to fight back with vegetables and sweat. I WILL succeed! I have no idea who Fred Shero is, but he said 
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.”

And what else can I say but:

(hehe, hilarious internet meme for the win!!)


Update: Finally, the number on the scale is starting to go down, where it belongs. I'm totally kicking that fat's ass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment