Saturday, October 13, 2012

I thought endorphins were supposed to make you happy...


So, I guess I'm going to be doing the once a week thing, because that's all the motivation I can muster after telling myself "carrots and celery are the best snack ever". Just so you know, it's not. I do however enjoy my daily yogurt and jello snack. I mix them together and think it's tasty.

Update: Week 5(ish) Current weight 358 pounds. I have lost 20 pounds and am extremely happy about it and only a little sick of carrots and celery. I'm feeling good and I haven't been that cranky lately. Maybe a little cranky, but not as cranky as I was before because I can have chocolate if I want. Chocolate makes everything better.

I started working out at Cybex this week. That was fun let me tell you. I started with 15 minutes on the treadmill walking 3 miles an hour. Which is fast for me. The treadmill had a TV on it, but the only channel I could find was CNN. During an election. Thank goodness the volume didn't work and I could listen to the music on my phone. The worst part about Cybex is that the treadmills all face the window so I can watch myself struggling to keep up with the 3 mile an hour pace. It was like watching a train wreck, so sad yet so hard to look away. 

After the treadmill was my trying to fumble my way around weight training so I can try to reduce my wing size. I have no idea what I'm doing so I end up just putzing around and pretending. I don't think it's very effective. Then it was time for the stationary bike which I spent 10 minutes on. I biked three miles staying still. It was awesome. Every time I would slow down the tiniest bit the stupid fan would shut off and I'd have to start peddling faster again. It was driving me crazy, but I guess it was an effective way to make me pedal constantly. 

Then, the real torture began and I did 5 min on the arc trainer (or Anti Christ). That machine just hurts. It makes my knees weak and my arms tired and generally feel like I'm going to fall over at any second. I was surprised I lasted the whole 5 minutes. 

Now I just have to find the motivation to go back and do it all over again...


Good luck with that....

No comments:

Post a Comment