Sunday, December 23, 2012

Bah Humbug....


Why is Christmas so hard? Why do there have to be treats every where I look? Why do they have to be so delicious? Why can't I just look at a tray of goodies and say "No thank you"? Why must I feel the need to sample one of everything? Why must everybody bring in treats to work every day? Why can't I just resist? It's because I'm weak and addicted to sugar? Oh, that makes sense. Stupid tasty sugar and it's addictive ways. There are plenty of people who can resist the allure that is holiday sugary goodness, but I'm not one of those people. 

Seriously. Following a diet in spring summer and fall are easy. There's fresh vegetables and fruit everywhere and they're super cheap. The weather is nice so you can go do outdoorsy stuff like hiking and swimming and things of that nature. People bring in fresh veggies and fruits from their gardens and encourage you to have some. It's great. You just feel more energized and motivated to look good in a swim suit. 


In winter, you get to wear baggy clothes that hide your cookie belly. In winter, every where you turn there's hot chocolate and cookies and pumpkin flavored lattes and baked goods. There's cookie exchanges and holiday parties with mini sized foods (which trick you into thinking they're better for you). Families get together to eat lovingly made holiday feasts (the love being butter). It's perfectly acceptable to walk around eating everything in site. And the worst part is when you try to resist people look at you like you just insulted Santa Clause's mother. Seriously, it sucks.


It's really hard to be motivated to go to the gym when you have to put on a parka and mittens and scrape the frost off your windshield first. Then when you leave the gym your sweat freezes on your skin and you have to scrape your windows again. I wish I actually had room in my house for a treadmill that I would look at and have to use because I'd feel guilty with it just sitting there and judging me. 


I know I want to lose weight and feel better about myself. It's just hard. And this time of year just makes it harder. Maybe I'll make a new year's resolution to follow last year's new year's resolution to go the gym more. Also, I'm going to put this on my fridge so I don't try to sneak any more ice cream...




and





No comments:

Post a Comment