Monday, December 3, 2012

Okay, so I'm horrible with follow through...


Oops.... My bad...
So...
Apparently I'm bad at following through with my plans. I swear I intended to post at least once a week. But as it seems to go with all of my plans, I just simply kept putting it off. I'm a procrastinator through and through and I always simply said, maybe I'll write tomorrow. That seemed to be the theme of a recent week with my diet as well. "Oh, I'll just have a free day and try again tomorrow." It didn't seem to work out too well. But, that's behind me and I'm starting to get serious again.

So, now I really have a goal. Hubby (pictured above) and I will be going on an 11 day Caribbean Cruise next October, and it is my goal to be down to a size 14. That would be amazing because I haven't been a size 14 since I was in middle school. Yes, I realize this is sad, but I did say that I've been fat my entire life and maybe now you can believe it. In fact, I started shopping in the women's section when I was in 4th grade.  And of course this was around the time that the movie "Free Willy" was popular, so you can guess what I heard quite a bit...

Anyway, onto results.  This is week I don't remember and I'm at 352 pounds. So, I've lost 3 pounds since my last post, and considering that I've been yo-yoing so much on my diet lately, I say that is an excellent thing. I'm starting to realize that I actually need to work at this thing. Which sucks, because I'm not so good at working at anything. But I'm trying. I really want to be able to wear "normal" size clothes. And Retro Style Dresses, as I've mentioned in a previous post. I want to be able to snorkel and swim and frolic during our cruise and not worry about dry heaving from too much activity.


The procrastination theme is also present in my exercising efforts as well. I haven't been taking my daily walk and I feel that is a big part as to why I have been yo-yoing and been generally low spirited. I think that week changed my brain chemistry. I will say that exercising that much did really help with my trip to Chicago Hubby and I took around our anniversary. We walked all day every day for that whole weekend. We even walked from Navy Pier to the Field Museum to the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower to Millennium Park (which is when I finally had enough and Tim walked back to Navy Pier to pick up the car). That is over 4 miles. It was torture. A great way to see Chicago, but torture none the less. If I had walked a mile every day the week before I swear I would have collapsed. We did have fun though, and I guess that's all that really matters in these types of things.
Hubbs and I being Weirdos...

So, onward I go into my journey of weight loss. I still wish there was some sort of magic pill that I could take that would make the weight come off. Or some type of cancer that only effects the fat cells that you want to get rid of.  I'm off my long stretch of night shifts so it'll be easier for me to get back into the gym. I find it much easier to go when I get off work at 11 pm because I just head straight for Cybex. When I get off work at 7 am I just want to head straight to my pillow. So, maybe I'll get back to my strangely joyful habit of walking a mile each day. And then I can start dabbling in weight training again so I can get some guns and some abs...

We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment