Thursday, September 6, 2012

I would cut a bitch for some Chocolate...

So today is day 3 of my paleo/low carb adventure and I must say that everything is going well (despite my crazy as all get out work schedule). Hell, I've lost six lbs, but I would cut a bitch for a piece of chocolate...
I know said chocolate craving is just my body craving sugary goodness, but walking into a grocery store and seeing all those yummy chocolate bars at the checkout is pure torture. But, I resisted and bought beef jerky instead (since i'm starting as low carb and transitioning into paleo). Now, beef jerky is in no way close compared to chocolate on the yummy scale, but I'm still on the I LOST WEIGHT!!!! high. I even thought about going for a walk today while I was trying to sleep, which is progress. 
And progress is good.

I do see a light at the end of my I WANT BAKED GOODS NOW! tunnel because I've found some recipes (thank you internet search engines) using coconut flour, which I did buy on my pilgrimage the other day. I'm super excited to try these, I just need to go buy coconut milk and eggs. I'll let you (fictional readers that are in my head) know how it goes. More importantly, how they taste, and if I can have satisfying life with coconut flour baked goods. 

One thing I can say is I'm not missing dairy yet. Except Ice Cream. I could cut a bitch for some cookie dough ice cream...


No comments:

Post a Comment