Friday, September 14, 2012

So apparently I'm cranky...

So I guess if you're writing a blog where you fully intend to wax poetic on all of the annoying things your husband does you shouldn't tell him that you're writing a blog and where to find it on the ever expanding internet. That was my mistake. Crap. I apparently have made him sound like an uncaring bastard who only cares about money, which he's not (he says so). I do love my husband, very much. I promise.

Anyhoo. My husband is annoying. Today he came upstairs to talk to me eating ice cream. Out of the carton. Because he never uses a bowl. He also had cookies and urged me to "just take a taste". He doesn't understand that a taste leads to a cookie which leads to two cookies which leads to four cookies which leads to a whole package of cookies. For me sweets are like Lays potato chips, I can't eat just one. In fact, all processed junk foods are the same for me. I want to eat them non stop. Which is also why my husband asked me if I wanted to join OA (overeater's anonymous). My answer was no. I have my outlet here with the fictional readers of my blog. 

Weight loss update: I have lost 12 lbs so far! I'm super excited. 

Sanity update: I guess I'm cranky. Because everywhere I go all I see is temptation. I did try a coconut recipe (coconut pancakes). I didn't like them. At all. They were yucky. I was so discouraged that I didn't try anything else. I will some day, but not in the next week.

I can say that I'm sick of cooking. I know there will come a time when it won't seem so odd to be cooking all the time, but all I want to do is go to a fast food place and have a burger and fries. But I've resisted. I have indulged in an arby's roast beef sandwich (without the bun of course). I've remained faithful and had no dairy or grains. And I do feel better. Which is great.

So this weekend the hubs and I will be going to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival Chocolate an Romance weekend. I plan on having a treat there. And a turkey leg. 



No comments:

Post a Comment