Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Start of My Journey

Hello and Welcome to the start of my journey (insert cheesy music here). 
I've been fat my entire life. As of today I'm 5' 61/2"  weigh 378 lbs and wear a size 28. This is as fat as I've ever been. I get winded going up stairs. I can't walk more than 1/4 mile without sweating profusely and feeling like I'm going to pass out and die. I can't keep up with my very skinny and very tall husband. I can't go on amusement park rides. I can't go down water slides with my nieces. I can't walk my dog around the block (as per the 1/4 mile comment). I can't see my toes without bending over a little. I can't fit into any of the cute retro dresses they sell at the Betty Page store. There's a whole long list of things I can't do. 

I've realized that there is something I can do though. I can stop making excuses and do something about it. So, since I'm turning 29 this month, I've decided to do just that. Something. So, here's the plan.


I'm starting to eat Paleo (similar to Low Carb with an emphasis on organic and sustainable meats and produce). I've read a lot about it and I'm going to do it. It's going to be hard to give up dairy (because it tastes so damn good) and Pasta (again, because it tastes so damn good) and Cakes and Cookies and Pastry and candy and chips and I can go all day with this....but if I want to have a more fulfilling 30s where I can do all the things I want to do, there are going to be sacrifices. Of course there's going to be exercise (The Ironic thing being my husband works for Cybex which manufactures exercise equipment), and maybe yoga (okay, probably not yoga). 


My goal is to get down to a size 16 (which I haven't been since 8th grade). I know that's still considered "overweight", but if it was good enough for Marilyn Monroe, it's good enough for me. And Who knows, maybe i'll surpass my goal. If you asked my husband (over share warning), he just wants to be able to throw me against the wall and have his way with me. I've told him that he just needs to work out and get stronger but that doesn't seem to be going as well.


So, This will be my outlet to whine, complain, vent, covet, and the like. Also, complain about my husband (because that's always fun).


Happy Reading


Oh, and before I forget, I'm going to assume nobody is reading this so I'm going to say whatever I feel like and not think about how it sounds to other people, so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment